Wednesday, September 2, 2026

09-02-2026 Ride/Hike

Got up and got ready for a ride with John. Rode my Canyon, still testing the new wheels out. Through the neighborhood on Matinal ircle to the end, then W Bernardo Dr to RB Rd. Normal way over from there, taking it slowly, since it was going to be a climbing day. Jayden counted us down at the start, and we headed down to Mountain Pass Rd, turning right for a change and climbing this little hill to Oakview Way turning right there and riding to Caneridge Rd, which had a nice little descent back to Springhurst Dr. Then we rode to Springbrook Dr and took it past Scripps-Poway Pkwy turning left on Candy Rose Way. That took us up to Cypress Canyon Dr, where we turned left and then left again on Cypress Wood Dr. Down to Swan Canyon Dr, using it to get to Legacy Rd. Then it was up to Pomerado Rd, turning right there and heading up to Stonebridge Canyon Pkwy. We took this road all the way to the top. John initially got out ahead, and I slowly caught up to him, riding at his pace for a bit before getting ahead. Got to the top and waited for him. We took a short break when he got there then headed down Via Santa Pradera to Beeler Canyon Rd. Down the steep part, around the closed gate, then on the flats over to Creek Rd. Over to Pomerado Rd and then down the hill and to Stowe Dr, where we turned right and rode up to Community Rd. Then we rode down the hill and on to Twin Peaks Rd, where we continued straight onto Hillndale Way. Some climbing in this neighborhood, left on Poway Mesa Dr and up to Triumph Dr, taking it to Laurelwood St and then to Stoutwood St, turning left and then left again on Lakewood St. This took us to Ted Williams Pkwy, which we followed up and then down to Sabre Springs Pkwy. Left turn there, following it back to Springhurst Dr. Then it was up the hill and back to John's house. About halfway through my ride with John my brakes started to squeak, and it got progressively worse. When we got back to his house I used his tools to adjust the brake positions and minimize rubbing. It was better after that but not perfect. Vivian made smoothies, then we chatted for a bit before. I headed home the normal way via Bernardo Center Dr. I was slow the whole way, just getting miles in and not stressing my legs.

Abg speed = 14.2 mph (14.3 mph). Total mileage = 40.8 mi
Avg power = 134 W. Weighted avg power = 161 W
Total elevation gain = 2850' (2890')
Avg heartrate = 118 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 53 (54)
Training Load = 179 (182)
Intensity = 73% (78%)

I only had a little time once I got home to get ready for my volunteer shift at the hospital. It turned out to be an unusually slow shift, particularly toward the end, when it usually gets busy. I did meet new nurses Dani, Devyn, and Amber as well as get reintroduced to the housekeeping aide Angie (very nice and capable). I ended up leaving just a little bit early, rode home and changed for a hike with Emily at Kit Carson Park. We had a nice chat, mostly about her work, as we walked around the park. After the hike I rode home and had dinner, then Ann and I watched some TV. The rest of the evening was quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment