Slept okay (went to bed before 8:30), got up early in morning and read for a while. Started Black Holes:The Key to Understanding the Universe, by Brian Cox and Jeff Forshaw. Then I got back to sleep and woke up around 5:30. Got ready for a coffee ride with Joe, left the house around 6:15. It was dark, I fully needed my bike light. Down by the park and over the pedestrian bridge, then to the Via Rancho Park n Ride. Joe was a little late, but we got going around 6:40. Headed through Kit Carson Park to El Ku Ave, then up to Centre City Pkwy via Brotherton Rd. We took this to 13th Ave, then got onto Quince St, taking this lesser traveled road to Mission Ave. Left turn there and over to Barham Dr, aided by a tailwind. We took Barham Dr to North City and stopped for coffee and muffins at Necessity Coffee. Had an interesting conversation about gravitational forces and spacetime. We headed back the same way until we got to Washington Ave, took the Inland Bike Trail to Hale Ave, then over to Tulip St. We used it to get to Valley Pkwy, turned left and got back on Tulip St, taking it to 15th Ave, then left and right on Redwood St. Over to Montview Dr, left and then right on Alexander Dr to get to Brotherton Rd. To Centre City Pkwy, then we turned on Citracado Pkwy and followed our earlier route back to the parking lot. We chatted a little bit about setting up his new head unit, then I rode home the normal way via the freeway. Got home before the temperature rose above 90 deg, so it wasn't bad.
Avg speed = 14.2 mph (14.4 mph). Total mileage = 24.3 mi
Avg power = 106 W. Weighted avg power = 134 W
Total elevation gain = 1030' (1060')
Avg heartrate = 107 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 19 (20)
Training Load = 71 (76)
Intensity = 61% (66%)
Ann was on her way to an exercise class, so I watched some TV and did a little searching for HR monitors for Joe. I also attempted to put in a request for my station prescription through Express Scripts, via Dr Strouse. Let's see if that goes through as planned. In late morning I went out and bled just a little fluid out of my front brakes in an attempt to push the pistons just a little further out so they don't rub against the rotors. It appeared to be successful (still a little bit of rubbing), after I readjusted the pads relative to the rotors. I read for a bit in the afternoon, then worked on my cycling analysis code to fix a couple of errors related to choosing segment data to display. Everything seems to work better now, not perfect but better. Evening was quiet, I watched a little TV later in the evening to keep from falling asleep before 9:00, so that was successful.
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.