Tuesday, October 6, 2026

10-06-2026 Ride/Swim

Slept okay waking up a couple of times in the night but getting back to sleep. Got up around 5:45 and got ready for a coffee ride with Andy, Nel, and Perse. I left the house at 6:30 and rode the normal way over to the Albertsons parking lot. Within several minutes Nel and Andy showed up, and we headed up Pomerado Rd at modest pace. To Stowe Dr, turning there and riding, this time at a slightly elevated pace, up to O'Brien's Boulangerie. Stopped there for coffee and a couple of pastries (Andy paid). Good conversation about Perse's recent trip to Europe and our upcoming bikepacking trip. After the break we headed down to Community Rd and took it over to Twin Peaks Rd. Took that up to Espola Rd, then up the hill to the high school. We turned on Titan Way and used Riparian Rd to get to Lake Poway Rd. At Andy's suggestion we turned left and rode up to the loop, around it, and back down to Summer Sage Rd. Over to Bridlewood Rd and thus to Espola Rd. We rode down the hill to Summerfield Ln, then over to Rios Rd. A right turn took us back to Pomerado Rd,where I split with the others and turned right. Over to RB Rd, which I took all the way up to Matinal Rd, then home through the neighborhood. Overall easy-paced ride.

Avg speed = 14.6 mph. Total mileage = 25.6 mi
Avg power = 123 W. Weighted avg power = 155 W
Total elevation gain = 1730'
Avg heartrate = 116 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 31
Training Load = 102
Intensity = 70%

Got home, Ann was off at the beach. I ordered my first batch of statin pills through Express Scripts. Then I watched a little TV, had some lunch, and started putting together the list of items to take on the bikepacking trip. Started laying some of the items out as well in the spare bedroom office. Ann got home from visiting with Christine, Emma, and Alice down in Mission Beach in mid-afternoon. The temperature had gone down a little bit, so I decided to ride over to the WWC and get a quick swim in before dinner. Swam in lane 2, nobody else in the pool except some moms and their little kids. My stroke count was a little higher than normal, but I was fairly fast. I was also breathing a little more frequently than usual. Swam two 500s with just a little break in between. Here are the splits: 9:11, 9:13.

Avg pace = 1:50/100 yds (Video)
Total distance = 1000 yds (Video)
Elapsed moving time = 18:24 (Video)
Avg heartrate = 166 bpm (nope)
Relative Effort = 51 (again, nope)
SWOLF = 28 (not sure why this is so low)
Avg stroke rate = 26 bpm
Avg pull distance = 2.37 yds

Got home and ate dinner. Evening was quiet, watched some TV and read as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment