Monday, September 7, 2026

09-07-2026 Ride

Slept okay, even with the previous day's naps. I woke up a little after 5:00, read for a while. Then I got up and ate some bread and cheese for breakfast. Then I received a text from Rob about meeting for a ride. I got ready and then rode over to his house the normal way. He was ready to ride, so we headed up to RB Rd and took it at measured pace to Dove Canyon Rd. Rob was slow but had been riding some, so he wasn't that slow. We rode over to CVR and took it up to Black Mountain Rd and then down the hill. Rob wanted to keep going straight, so we rode on to Rancho Santa Fe Farms Rd (not counting a false turn through a neighborhood) and took it over to the 56 bike path. Headed back to CdS, again at Rob's pace, not pushing it. We then took CdS all the way back to RB Rd, turned there, and rode to Mostra Coffee (Rob's preferred shop), where we stopped and had a nice conversation about recent activities and some work topics. We headed home after that, through the neighborhood. It was a nice little ride for me, I hope he enjoyed it as well.

Avg speed = 13.5 mph. Total mileage = 22.9 mi
Avg power = 109 W. Weighted avg power = 134 W
Total elevation gain = 1460'
Avg heartrate = 107 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 19
Training Load = 68
Intensity = 61%
https://www.strava.com/activities/20076306805

Got home, read some more, then watched a little TV and had some toast as a second breakfast. In the late morning I went out in the garage and tried to readjust my rear brakes so they wouldn't squeal and wouldn't rub either. Made some adjustments, we'll see how they work out. If this doesn't work, I'll swap out the rear rotor with my older rotor that doesn't have as much wear. I also tried to change the rear derailleur Microadjust setting to optimize it more for this wheel. Settings shown below.

DT Swiss wheel rear derailleur Microadjust setting - 5
EliteWheels wheel rear derailleur Microadjust setting - 12

In the afternoon I looked through my paint cans to find the right one for painting the gate caps. I think it's the large Sherwin-Williams can with beige paint, the color seems to match. I also used Claude to modify the elevation profile display in the cycling analysis program to dynamically show the distance and gradient. With its help I got it to work, looks decent. After that I went out in the garage and painted the gate caps. Later I applied a second coat, should be enough after the two coats of primer, so my fingers are crossed that this paint will last and not flake off. Started reading Earl's book, it's pretty well written but dense with fantasy and alternate world elements from the start. After dinner Ann and I watched TV, and the rest of the evening was quiet (<!>).

No comments: