Slept well and had an easy early morning for a change. I got up, had some cereal and a banana for breakfast, unloaded the dishwasher and put some dirty dishes in. Read and relaxed for a while, then I got ready for a swim down at Ventura Cove in Mission Bay. I put air in the bike tires and packed them into the car. Ann and I left around 9:30, no traffic to speak of on the way down there. When I unloaded the bikes, I noticed that the rear tire on my beach cruiser was flat. Dang it! It had seemed fine when I pumped it up earlier. So, no riding for me. Ann rode around Mission Bay while I went for a swim around the buoys in the cove. I ended up doing four laps and a little bit. Tried varying my breathing, but it seemed more natural for me to breathe every two strokes. Judging by my time, I was working harder than usual, so that may be why. Here are approximate splits for the four laps:
Lap 1 0.19 mi 5:41
Lap 2 0.19 mi 5:46
Lap 3 0.20 mi 5:51
Lap 4 0.20 mi 5:47
So, my speed was pretty consistent.
Avg pace = 1:42/100 yds (Zepp)
Total distance = 1434 yds
Elapsed moving time = 24:34 (Zepp)
Avg heartrate = 150 bpm (Zepp, possibly)
Relative Effort = 37 (possibly)
SWOLF = 85
Avg stroke rate = 31 bpm
Avg pull distance = 1.87 yds
Got out of the water, a little wobbly as usual, and then walked back to the car to get my clothes out. I walked to the shower station and rinsed off, then changed in the men's room nearby. Back to the car, packing the bikes in, then driving home, a little sad that we weren't able to ride around the bay together. The afternoon was quiet. I had a little nap, made an attempt to patch the inner tube on my beach cruiser, and worked some more on the 2023 event log. Ann and Emily went to a show at the Rady Shell in the evening, so I made some dinner and had a quiet evening watching TV and reading.
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.