Monday, August 10, 2026

08-10-2026 Ride

Slept quite well, woke up early (<!>). I wanted to get a bike ride in before it got too hot, so I got ready and was heading out before 7:30. My power meter still wasn't connecting with my Wahoo, but I eventually got it to work, and off I went. I turned right on Duenda Rd and took Poblado Rd for a change. Over to Carranza Dr, turning right and taking it up to Pinzon Way to get over to Matinal Rd, which I took up to RB Rd. Then it was over to the 4S Ranch neighborhood, taking Alva Rd up to Ralphs Ranch Rd, turning there, and riding the old normal way through the rest of the neighborhood. I turned right on Four Gee Rd and took it to the top, where the gate was open. So I climbed Camino Santa Fe to its end, road quality is really poor. They are building new homes on a new road they've put in, so I turned on that road and climbed until I got to a section with large gravel rocks covering the road. I didn't want to get off my bike, so I turned around and rode back down and out of this neighborhood. Over to CdS, and west, riding down to the Del Sur neighborhood on the right and turning on Via Azul, then left to get to Via Mantova. That led to a circle, Via Monteverde, which took me to Via Bettona and out of the neighborhood using Via Verrazzano, back to CdS. I was slow-pacing it on this ride, kept that going as I took CdS past the 56 bike path and down the hill, turning into another neighborhood on Dormouse Rd, which has a tough little climb to navigate. Got to the top of the climb and then had a really fun descent to Park Village Rd. I turned right there and rode toward its end, doing the little loop using Celome Ln to get to the end of Park Village Rd, and then taking that road all the way back to CdS. I turned there and rode up to CMR, following it on its gradual climb up to Black Mountain Rd, where I turned left. I rode up to Maler Rd and turned right there, to see where it would take me. It ended in a cul-de-sac, I turned around and rode back down to Black Mountain Rd, turning right and taking it up to CVR. Up and then down to Dove Canyon Rd, riding up to CdN and turning right to get to Camino San Bernardo. Home the normal way from there, and I nearly accomplished my goal of getting 30 miles in on this ride. I was largely successful in getting done before it got really hot, it was about 85 when I got home.

Avg speed = 14.3 mph. Total mileage = 29.6 mi
Avg power = 115 W. Weighted avg power = 152 W
Total elevation gain = 2260'
Avg heartrate = 110 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 30
Training Load = 102
Intensity = 69%
https://www.strava.com/activities/19683555039

Got home about 9:40, I hadn't eaten anything yet, so I had some cereal. During the ride, I had put together a list of things that needed to be done, so after a short rest I got started on the list. I re-connected my Assioma pedals to my Wahoo, I think they should work as intended. Also gave my bike a thorough wash, including removing the rear cassette and cleaning it with pipe cleaners and mineral oil. I also figured out how to query Google by voice even when my phone screen is off, so I should now be able to ask questions while I'm riding, if I'm wearing my earbuds. In the afternoon, I (finally) washed off a couple of patches of bird poop from the driveway, then I trimmed the side bushes again. The second bush from the right has grown too big, so I spent a fair amount of time trimming it back significantly. I also gave the two smaller bushes a shaping trim. Maybe a little more work needs to be done with the second bush, but I think it's more in line with the other bushes' sizes now. After that I took a break and watched some TV for a while. Also read, The Photonic Effect by Mike Chen, for a while. After dinner Ann and I watched some TV, then I worked on my 2023 event log for a while.

No comments: