Sunday, August 23, 2026

08-23-2026 Ride

Slept pretty well, woke up around 5:00, got up after 6:30 (<!>). Got ready for a bike ride, thinking I would be able to go a longer distance than I actually did. Headed through the neighborhood and up Florindo Rd for a change.  To RB Rd, and then a left on Via del Campo. Took a right on Via Esprillo, riding through the technology park to Via Frontera, which I used to get to W Bernardo Dr. Over to Bernardo Center Dr, turning right there and going past CdN to turn left on Avenida Abeja. Another left turn soon after onto Avenida de Los Lobos, which had a nice descent to Paseo Mantanoso. This is a sharp little climb, and I missed the turn I wanted to make at the top, descending further to CdN before I turned around and climbed back up to turn onto Corte Raposo. This road has an access road to the next neighborhood south and Andorra Way. Shortly after exising this access road I turned right onto Almazon St, which is pretty wavy on its way over to Penasquitos Rd. I used this road to get to CMR, taking it up and over the bump to ride down to Rancho Penasquitos Blvd, which I used to get to the 56 bike path. I was riding slowly on this day, it was clear and warm at this point. I ended up taking the bike path down to the access path to Rancho Santa Fe Farms Rd, where I exited and then turned left. Dropped down into a neighborhood, on Solterra Vista Pkwy, that I had ridden in with Avi awhile back. This time I stayed on this road as it went under Hwy 56 and then connected with CVR, a nice connecting road find. I turned right and slowly climbed up to Black Mountain Rd, then descended. I turned right on Wineridge Rd to see where it went, but it ended in a cul-de-sac soon after, so I rode back down, turned and did the same thing on Winecreek Dr. This road goes further uphill and then has a connector, DeBevoise Park Dr, that goes steeply up to a small neighborhood of close-packed homes. I rode up there to the end of the neighborhood before turning around and riding back down. The descent on Winecreek Dr was really nice, big winding curves and not too steep. Back to CVR and over to Dove Canyon Rd, taking it up the little climb and then turning left on Cimarron Canyon Dr to get over to 4S Ranch Pkwy. A right turn there, then a left on Lone Quail Rd to ride over to RB Rd. From there it was mostly the normal way home via W Bernardo Dr, which I stayed on until turning onto Aguamiel Rd and climbing up the last little bit. This ride wasn't much, but I was tired at the end.

Avg speed = 13.8 mph (13.8 mph). Total mileage = 27.2 mi
Avg power = 122 W. Weighted avg power = 161 W
Total elevation gain = 2300' (2260')
Avg heartrate = 112 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 30 (30)
Training Load = 108 (111)
Intensity = 73% (74%)

Got home, Ann was at church, so I watched some TV and ate a fairly big breakfast while watching TV. Nothing else done the rest of the morning, I had lunch and then cleaned the upstairs bathroom for when Laura and Joe come for a visit this week. It was also a quiet afternoon and evening, nothing noteworthy that I can recall.

No comments: