Slept pretty well, although it was muggy in the night and harder to stay cool. I woke up a little before 5:30 and got ready for an early-morning bike ride, leaving as soon as it was light enough, a little before 6:00. Even then, it was kinda sketchy riding on W Bernardo Dr. I rode over to the pedestrian bridge and across the lake, then over to Via Rancho Pkwy, turning left and heading up to Felicita Rd, where I turned. Up that little climb and then left on Hamilton Ln, taking it to Bernardo Ave. I turned right there and rode up and over to the gate, past it, then up to 11th Ave. Not a lot of energy in my legs on this day, I think I need to include more multiple days of riding to get ready for the November trip. I rode over to Del Dios Rd and used it to get to Avenida del Diablo. Then it was over to Citracado Pkwy, turning right there and staying on it up to the hospital. When I got near the top of the climb Paula was waiting, she had ridden from her house via Twin Oaks Valley Pkwy. We kept on Citracado Pkwy until turning left onto Auto Park Way. Stayed on Nordahl Rd, up that little climb past the 78, then we turned left on Knob Hill Rd. Over to Bennett Ave, where we turned right and took it to El Norte Pkwy. This is a nice wide road with good bike lanes. Left on El Norte Pkwy, then a right on Country Club Ln. We took this road for a bit, then turned right on La Brea St, which turned into Cortez Ave and then into Sunset Heights Rd. This took us to Nutmeg St, where we turned left and rode back to Country Club Ln. Right turn there, under the freeway, then we turned right on Village Rd to get over to Broadway. This road wasn't a great choice for early morning traffic, but we made it into downtown Escondido with no issues, turning right on Valley Pkwy to get over to Quince St. Left turn here, taking it to the end and turning right on 13th Ave to get to Redwood St. This got us to Felicita Rd, and we rode over to Hamilton Ln, turning right there and taking the new route I'd found, up this road, then a right on Continental Ln followed by a left on Calle Catalina that got us to the top of Gamble Ln. We then used Scenic Trail Way to get back to Citracado Pkwy. Paula let me know around here that she was going to ride back through San Elijo Hills, so we rode down to Harmony Grove Village Pkwy, turned there and took it to Harmony Grove Rd. We split up there, and I headed north on this road to get back to Citracado Pkwy. Left turn there and then a right on Andreasen Dr, heading through the Escondido industrial park via a right turn on Harmony Grove Rd (it no longer connects directly). Over to Hale Ave, turning left there and then right onto 9th Ave. At this point I wasn't sure which way to take home, but I decided to try and stay away from traffic as much as possible. So I rode back to Del Dios Rd, turned right there and then left back onto 11th Ave. From here, I retraced my earlier route back to the freeway and took it over the lake, riding home the normal way from there. Again, no a high-energy day for me on the bike, just working to get miles in. The route ended up having more elevation gain in it than I had thought it would.
Avg speed = 14.1 mph. Total mileage = 33.1 mi
Avg power = 110 W. Weighted avg power = 149 W
Total elevation gain = 2010'
Avg heartrate = 110 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 32
Training Load = 118
Intensity = 68%
Got home, I ended up not eating much (I'd eaten a banana during and just after the ride), just drank a large cup of coffee. I talked Ann into going to the WWC with me to swim, which was great. She had to eat breakfast, so it was over an hour before we actually drove over there. I ended up doing four 250s with longer breaks in between than usual. Ann did some laps as well, which was fantastic. I took my camera but apparently it got knocked around so it wasn't aimed at the pool. Here are the splits (from my watch data) for the four 250s: 4:35, 4:38, 4:38, 4:15. I tried to keep a long and strong stroke, last 250 was using the swim fins, but in the first three 250s my stroke count was 18-19.
Avg pace = 1:49/100 yds (Video)
Total distance = 1000 yds (Video)
Elapsed moving time = 18:06 (Video)
Avg heartrate = 122 bpm (too low)
Relative Effort = 8 (too low)
SWOLF = 35
Avg stroke rate = 20 bpm
Avg pull distance = 2.54 yds
Got home, caught up some on blogging, then had some lunch (I was pretty hungry). Laura got back from visiting her movie producer friend Sonia around noon. We chatted for a little bit, then she went upstairs. I watched some TV, then went in the garage and did a brake bleed on my rear brakes, which were kinda shaky after I had replaced the brake pads (front and back) the previous evening. Bleed procedure went okay, maybe they are a little more grabby, but they aren't as grabby as the front brakes. We ate dinner together and chatted after dinner. The rest of the evening was quiet.
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.