Had kind of a restless night, waking up in the middle of it and reading for a while before I tried to get back to sleep. Eventually I did, getting up a little after 6:00 and getting ready for a run. I ran a faster pace than usual after I saw what kind of time I likely would need in order to be competitive in my age bracket at the Grape Day 5k. Down by the park and running my normal 5k route. I had negative splits for the first three miles, felt okay. And I did stretch before the run, which helps.
Avg pace = 7:27/mi
Total distance = 3.15 mi
Elapsed moving time = 23:30
Avg heartrate = 143 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 23
I got back, had a little time to relax before getting ready for a swim at the WWC. I rode over there, temperature was really nice. Saw Ken, who I hadn't seen in a long time. I got lane 4, which I'm pretty sure is not as fast for me as lane 3. Intent here was to focus on stroke length and quality and go for more distance on this workout. I was really slow, unexpectedly so. Here are the splits for the four 500s, the last one I swam with a pull buoy: 9:49, 10:18, 10:10, 9:14. I was successful in having a longer stroke, just much slower using it.
Avg pace = 1:59/100 yds (Video)
Total distance = 2000 yds (Video)
Elapsed moving time = 39:31 (Video)
Avg heartrate = 159 bpm (nope)
Relative Effort = 86 (again, nope)
SWOLF = 38
Avg stroke rate = 19 bpm
Avg pull distance = 2.44 yds
Got home, had some cereal for breakfast, and then I got cleaned up and ready for my annual physical with Timothy Strouse. Rode over there and found out that they didn't have my appointment in the system, not sure what happened. So I booked an appointment for tomorrow afternoon, no real issues there. Got home and watched some TV while eating a light lunch. The rest of the afternoon was quiet. Took the fan out of our room down to the garage, pulled the screens off and gave the interior and exterior a thorough cleaning. The fan worked much better after I reassembled it. I put gas back in the lawn mower, cut the grass, then took the gas back out. Had dinner and then a quiet evening as well. I got another AliExpress package, with my MTB pedals as well as tire liner tape to help reduce the risk of flats.
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.