Slept well, got up before 6:00 and got ready for a coffee ride with Andy and Nel. I took a banana but didn't end up eating it until I got back home. Headed through the neighborhood all the way on Matinal Circle to Matinal Rd and then took W Bernardo Dr to RB Rd. Then it was to Andy's house, where he and Nel were waiting. We rode to Pomerado Rd via Rios Rd and then took it, at their pace, up to Scripps-Poway Pkwy. We turned left there and rode up to Kirkham Rd, turning right. I rode up faster than the others and waited for them at the turn. Took Kirkham Way to General Atomics Way and back over to Scripps-Poway Pkwy. Then we rode down to the turnoff to get to Sycamore Canyon Rd, using it and then riding up to the end of the road, where we took a short break (Nel found 12 cents) before turning around and riding back to Scripps-Poway Pkwy. We took it up to Danielson St and turned there to ride to Stowe Dr, taking a right turn and heading down to O-Brien's Boulangerie. We stopped for coffee and pastries, coffee is pretty good here, better than The French Oven, but they have better pastries, I think. Conversation was a lot about retired life in different forms, we talked a little about the November bikepacking trip. Then it was back on the bikes and down to Community Rd, where we turned right and headed down the hill and over to Twin Peaks Rd. Left turn there, taking it back to Pomerado Rd and turning right. We retraced our route back to Andy's house, I just stayed briefly before riding towards home the via RB Rd. I decided to stay on this road and climb up to Matinal Rd, getting just a little more distance in, turning right there and riding down to Pinzon Way and turning left to get to Carranza Dr, where I also turned left and rode to Harvest Dance Way. Right turn there and down to get to Poblado Rd, where I turned left and rode it down and over to Duenda Rd and home via Azucar Way. Didn't quite get to 30 miles, but I was close.
Avg speed = 13.9 mph (14.0 mph). Total mileage = 29.5 mi
Avg power = 110 W. Weighted avg power = 143 W
Total elevation gain = 1780' (1820')
Avg heartrate = 106 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 26 (27)
Training Load = 100 (98)
Intensity = 65% (65%)
Got home and took a little break before having lunch. In the afternoon Ann and I drove over to Nordstrom Rack to look at suits. They had one that might work, but it was a little more than I wanted to spend, and I want to look at other places as well. I started trying to create an event log of significant things done in 2023, relying on my Google Maps timeline (imported from my old phone account) as well as my photos. In the evening we talked to Laura about travel, ours and hers, and then quite a bit about wedding plans. Things are generally shaping up, we took a couple of action items out of the call. I watched some TV in the evening and then turned in.
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.