Friday, August 21, 2026

08-21-2026 Swim

Slept pretty well after the travel day, woke up a little before 5:00 but was able to get back to sleep (<!>). When I got up I got ready, at a leisurely pace, for a swim at the WWC. This day was going to be a hot one, it was evident in the morning. Got over there and chatted with the early-morning regulars before Avi showed up and we went in. We got adjacent lanes, but had to squeeze in a bit because of others lane-splitting. It was fine. Swam a warmup 250, then we swam three 250s at more of a tempo pace before finishing up with a cooldown 250 with the pull buoy. Here are the splits: 4:36, 4:23, 4:24, 4:27, 4:38. Next time I'm going to have to try to keep this pace for 500 yds and see if I can do it.

Avg pace = 1:48/100 yds (Video)
Total distance = 1250 yds (Video)
Elapsed moving time = 22:38 (Video)
Avg heartrate = 128 bpm (seems low)
Relative Effort = 15
SWOLF = 36
Avg stroke rate = 22 bpm
Avg pull distance = 2.37 yds

Got home, changed, and relaxed for a bit, including reading and taking a very little nap. Talked briefly to Ross about Mom's views regarding Joe and Laura's wedding (kinda hilarious) and whether to invite Linda down to Houston for the celebration. In the afternoon Ann and I ran some errands. We got gas, went to the new downtown library in Escondido (looks really nice), shopped at Aldi, and dropped off some computer stuff I was sending to Ross at the UPS dropoff in Staples. Later, I checked to see if my rear tire was flat (it was), so I patched the tube. Talked to Mark in the late afternoon and gave him an update on our Wednesday meeting with Mom. The rest of the evening was quiet. Ann and I watched some TV after dinner.

No comments: