Tuesday, August 18, 2026

08-18-2026 Run

Woke up about 6:30 and got ready for what I thought would be an early-morning run. Sun rises later here, so it was technically early in the morning. It was also about 80 deg and very humid. I ran a little bit through the Lake Shadows neighborhood before using Foley Rd to get to the next neighborhood to the east. Then I took Indian Mound Tr to get to the next neighborhood further and ran to its end before starting to head back on different roads. It was heating up, and I was really sweating without cooling down. Got back to the house, really drenched.

Avg pace = 8:01 min/mi
Total distance = 4.18 mi
Elapsed moving time = 33:32
Avg heartrate = 157 bpm (Amazfit, too high)
Relative Effort = 64 (unrealistic)

Had some cereal and tried to cool down, a shower later helped. Sarah, the hospice nurse, came at around 10:00 and examined Mom. She stayed for a bit after the exam and chatted with us, she is very nice. Then Mom and I drove over to Spring and met Ben, Adri, Susanne, and Abigail for lunch at Gringo's. Food was decent, place seems like it can work as the gathering spot for the Laura and Joe celebration in November. Not too many vegetarian options, though. Then we drove back to the house, Mom had a rest after that, and I relaxed as well. Later, I planned to go into Crosby to get some items for dinner, but I was able to find enough vegetables and supplies to be able to make stir-fry for dinner. Talked with Ross an fair amount while I was preparing dinner, he was in good form. Mom ended up sleeping through dinner (she did wake up later and eat some ice cream), so I had some of the stir-fry, and Ross had some later. Later in the evening he and I had a fairly productive conversation about his plans for taking time off and then going back to work. Plans seem solid, I'm still concerned about the execution part. Time will tell, and I will try to hold him to his pledges. Went to bed after that, it didn't take long to get to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment