Friday, September 18, 2026

09-18-2026 Swim

Slept until a little after 3:00, then I had to read for a while to get back to sleep, waking up again around 5:30. I read some more, went downstairs and emptied the dishwasher, and watched a little TV before getting ready for a swim at the WWC. I originally intended to swim four 250s, but I ended up swimming two 250s, a 200 (I miscounted my laps and had forgotten to restart my watch), then another two 250s, the last one with a pull buoy. Here are the times: 4:43, 4:29 (with swim pads), 3:41, 4:30, 4:34. Avi was there as well, he swam with me for a while, but we weren't synchronized like usual. The pool was full, we were fortunate to get two adjoining lanes. I think the swim pads can help with both my strength as well as my hand entry into the water to start my catch. Would like to increase their use, but I am wary of causing shoulder pain.

Avg pace = 1:50/100 yds (Video)
Total distance = 1200 yds (Video)
Elapsed moving time = 21:57 (Video)
Avg heartrate = 125 bpm (maybe)
Relative Effort = 9 (seems a little low)
SWOLF = 36
Avg stroke rate = 20 bpm
Avg pull distance = 2.47 yds

Got home and had some cereal for breakfast, I was hungry. It was an uneventful morning. I watched a little TV, then in the early afternoon I rode to Macy's and picked up a new white dress shirt ordered online. I read some in the afternoon after I got home, also started a monumental task of making sure my digital music files are linked properly to the right album art. This is going to take a while. I also ordered a new motorcycle helmet, let's hope this one fits us both. And in the late afternoon I went out in the back yard and cleaned up the gravel path. Watched some TV after that, Ann was napping, uncharacteristically. Evening was quiet. I continued my task of updating music files with correct album art, making modest progress.

No comments: