Monday, September 14, 2026

09-14-2026 Swim

Slept kinda poorly, likely because of the nap. I woke up in the night and ended up watching some TV before getting drowsy again and going back to sleep. I still woke up fairly early and lay in bed reading. Then I got up and got ready for a swim at the WWC. It was overcast and cool on the ride over, and so I was surprised to see so few people waiting to get in. It was just me and Cathy in the pool for about the first half of my workout, there were still open lanes when I got out. I did intervals, working on strengthening my shoulders and upper body.

Warmup 250
    4:31
Five 100s with each successive 25 faster than the last, on 2:00 intervals
    1:39
    1:38
    1:40
    1:41
    1:39
300 with swim pads
    5:24
Two 100s with alternating single arms, tap-to-touch, and standard stroke, with pull buoy
    2:00
    2:02
Cooldown 600
    5:36

As usual, my watch didn't count the laps I took where I wasn't rotating my right arm, so Zepp only recorded 1500 yds.

Avg pace = 1:48/100 yds (Video)
Total distance = 1550 yds (Video)
Elapsed moving time = 27:50 (Video)
Avg heartrate = 128 bpm (maybe)
Relative Effort = 15 (seems a little low)
SWOLF = 38
Avg stroke rate = 21 bpm
Avg pull distance = 2.32 yds

Got home, had some coffee and toast, and scheduled my CT scan to test my arteries. Showered and then rode over to Elmisa Café to have lunch with Pat Harnett. We talked about our moms, his kids (Lauren, Emily, and Shane), and the EER process for him. He isn't done with work, so his future will include figuring out that next job. Was an interesting conversation as always. I headed home after that and had a quiet afternoon including taking a nap and watching some TV. In the evening I talked for an hour with Ross. He starts his new job in a week, I'm hoping it goes well. Also sounds like he's on the outs with Terri, whose life is crashing down around her. Rest of the rvening was quiet (<!>).

No comments: