Friday, September 25, 2026

09-25-2026 Run/Swim

Slept pretty well, although I woke up a little before 4:00. Read for a while and then got back to sleep. Got out of bed around 6:00 and dressed for a 5k run down by the park. I stretched a little bit before the run and had negative splits on the three miles. Just past the first mile I was in the road by the parking lot and a truck was approaching. I jumped the curb to get out of its way and ended up tripping, losing my balance. Luckily no bloody scrapes, it was more embarrassing than anything else. No pain on the run, so a nice start to the day.

Avg pace = 8:21/mi
Total distance = 3.15 mi
Elapsed moving time = 26:18
Avg heartrate = 126 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 8

I cooled off after getting home, then spent some more time on updating my music files before getting ready for a swim at the WWC. It was a beautiful morning, not a cloud in the sky, when I rode over there. I met Avi, and he and I got adjacent lanes. I did some interval training, here are the workout details.

500 at tempo pace, particularly in the second half
    9:13 (almost at 1:50/100 pace)
Strength-building 250 with swim pads
    4:29
Three 100s with each successive 25 faster than the last, on 2:00 intervals
    1:42
    1:42
    1:40
Two 100s with alternating single arms, tap-to-touch, and standard stroke, no pull buoy
    2:02
    2:03
Cooldown 350, with swim fins
    5:59

I again forgot to start my watch, and several 25s weren't recorded because my watch arm wasn't moving. So my Strava workout only recorded 1250 of the 1600 total yards.

Avg pace = 1:43/100 yds (Video)
Total distance = 1600 yds (Video)
Elapsed moving time = 28:50 (Video)
Avg heartrate = 140 bpm (perhaps)
Relative Effort = 38 (maybe)
SWOLF = 38
Avg stroke rate = 19 bpm
Avg pull distance = 2.49 yds (influenced by laps with swim fins)

Got home and had some toast and yogurt for breakfast while watching a little TV. Then I did a little more music file clean-up before showering and getting ready to meet Hongwei for lunch. Rode over to the new site and met her around noon. We walked down to the RB Deli, which is quaint but not that full-featured. Sandwich was decent, a little over-priced. We talked a lot about Audrey (last year at Princeton) and Lilian (first year at UCLA). Hongwei is an empty-nester now, I don't think it's hit her yet. It was nice catching up with her. Then we walked back, and I rode home from there. Read some in the afternoon and continued working on music files. Had a little nap in there as well. In the evening I talked to Ross and then Mom. Both were in good spirits. Ann and I watched TV later.

No comments: