Sunday, September 13, 2026

09-13-2026 Run/Ride

Slept okay, did get up in the early morning and read before falling back to sleep. And I got up around 5:30, hung around the house for a bit before heading out for a run. I took an easy pace and ran the usual 5k route, nothing special to report. I did run negative splits, which was a plus.

Avg pace = 8:41/mi
Total distance = 3.17 mi
Elapsed moving time = 27:33
Avg heartrate = 123 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 6

Got home and cooled down before getting ready for a bike ride. I left a little before 7:30,headed down by the park and then up Pomerado Rd to RB Rd. From there I followed the time trial route. Didn't have a real strong push in my legs and cardio, so I focused on steady effort, and that seemed to work. Also, I found a couple of coins on the road, second day in a row that I picked up money. 😊

Avg speed = 16.4 mph. Total mileage = 19.6 mi
Avg power = 153 W. Weighted avg power = 176 W
Total elevation gain = 1040'
Avg heartrate = 125 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 27
Training Load = 80
Intensity = 80%

Got home, showered, and had toast for breakfast before getting ready to ride to church for the 140th anniversary service. The ride over was uneventful, got there in time to sit by Ann, Emily, and Caleb. Service was bilingual, and that was generally a treat. I particularly liked Ruben's mini-sermon, it was humorous, meaningful, and uplifting. Didn't spend much time on the patio after the service, there really weren't many people I was looking to talk to, and Ann was putting the bells up. Rode home after that and watched some TV and, after that, football. Afternoon was quiet, I had a nap (I've been more tired recently) and am re-reading Bowl of Heaven, by Gregory Benford and Larry Niven. It's the first in a trilogy, not sure if I finished it the first time I picked it up. Ann and I watched some TV in the evening before turning in.

No comments: