Woke up and got ready for a bike ride with John. I ended up leaving a little bit late, so I rode through the neighborhood, turned left on Matinal Rd, and took W Bernardo Dr to RB Rd. From there it was the normal way, including riding to the end of Briarleaf Way. Jayden and Vivian saw us off (Jayden and John had to race before we left). We headed back down the hill to Poway Rd, turned right, and rode up to Community Rd. Another right turn there, then we rode up the hill to Stowe Dr. I put my bike in its lowest gear and just chugged up, not pushing too hard. We took a left on Stowe Dr and rode up to Danielson St, turning left there. Up to Scripps-Poway Pkwy, turning left. I thought we were going to ride up the Purple Monster climb, but we turned off and took Sycamore Canyon Rd down the hill to Garden Rd. Back to Poway Rd, turning left and taking it to Midland Rd, where we turned right and rode to Aubrey St. Used it to get back to Community Rd, taking this back to Poway Rd and turning right. We then took a right on Tarascan Dr and started climbing. It got quite steep for a short distance after we turned left on Tuscarora Dr. Up to Cree Dr, where we turned left and then right on Papago Dr. This got us to Carriage Rd, where we turned right and followed it as it turned into Palisades Dr. This got us to Silverset St, which we passed as the street turned into Arbolitos Dr. This road turned into Celestial Rd, we turned right on Ring Rd and then left on McFeron Rd, which turned and dropped us onto Pomerado Rd. A left turn there got us going back to Scripps-Poway Pkwy, where we turned right. Again, I just put it in low gear and rode up the hill out of the saddle for much of the little climb. Back to John's house the normal way from there, again riding to the top of Briarleaf Way. Vivian made smoothies for us and gave me a dragon fruit. We talked about their fruit trees and vines and some about camping, both our recent trip and Vivian's previous experiences with camping in the desert. After the conversation I rode home the normal way via Bernardo Center Dr. Felt better on the last part of the ride than I had the previous week. For a route that John claimed had a lot of climbing, it really wasn't that much, just a couple of stretches that we had to negotiate.
Avg speed = 15.5 mph (15.6 mph). Total mileage = 38.9 mi
Avg power = 132 W. Weighted avg power = 161 W
Total elevation gain = 2080' (2200')
Avg heartrate = 114 (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 42 (46)
Training Load = 151 (156)
Intensity = 73% (75%)
Got home and had a little time to get ready for my volunteer shift at the hospital. I'd shaved earlier in the morning, so I showered and took some food with me. Ate lunch at the hospital, then started my shift. There were a couple of new staff there: Reuben (nurse, kinda clueless), Mackenzie (rotating nurse), and Francis (new med tech). I had some stretches of being pretty busy and some other lagging stretches, so it was kinda normal. Left on time (I'd gotten there a little early) and rode home. In the evening I watched some TV and read as well. I finished The Great Math War and have started Alastair Reynold's Halcyon Years, a mystery that takes place on a generational spaceship.
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.