Sunday, September 27, 2026

09-27-2026 Swim

Slept for about 7 hours, not waking up, then I dozed in bed for a while before getting up a little after 5:00. I had some cereal for breakfast, then shaved. I next packed most of the camping gear in the car. After that was done I looked at places to stay in Malibu during our bikepacking trip. I selected a place and made a reservation for it, as well as two hotel rooms in Carpinteria. I also looked at some potential places for lunch on Monday with Pat and sent a list to Ann for her consideration. Did some music file work, then got ready for a swim at the WWC. There were only hi two people in the pool initially, others joined during my workout. I intended to swim 2000 yds in 500 yd intervals but got a little mixed up. Here is the workout I did:

500 at tempo pace, swimming faster in the second 250
    9:13
500 with swim pads, working on arm and shoulder strength
    9:14
500 with no swim aids
    9:38
450 with pull buoy, intended it to be a 500 but forgot to turn my watch on for the first 200
    8:34
250 with no swim aids, tired arms and inefficient stroke as a result
    4:53

I definitely need more longer workouts, arms were quite tired by the end. Because I forgot to restart my watch I only recorded 2000 yds on Strava.

Avg pace = 1:53/100 yds (Video)
Total distance = 2200 yds (Video)
Elapsed moving time = 41:20 (Video)
Avg heartrate = 140 bpm (perhaps)
Relative Effort = 44 (maybe)
SWOLF = 37
Avg stroke rate = 22 bpm
Avg pull distance = 2.31 yds (was much lower later in the workout)

Got home and watched some TV while having a little more to eat. Did some music file work in the late morning and early afternoon, had a light lunch. I also watched a little TV. Finished packing my stuff and loaded it in the car, then loaded the food and some other bags in as well. The back of the car was pretty full. I put my bike on the roof bike rack, and we left home around 1:00. Ran into a little traffic on the way, slowing but not stopping. We got to San Clemente SB around 2:00. Ann helped set up the tent, so it went more quickly. We were done with camp set-up by about 3:00, relaxed for a while, including a nap (I was tired) before starting the grill around 5:30. Grilled food for dinner was tasty, but I was feeling a little out of sorts, can't explain exactly why. After dinner I cleaned the dishes, and Ann prepared a Dutch oven dessert with apples and puff pastry. She managed the baking as well. It was tasty. After that we secured the campsite and got in the tent. Even with the nap I didn't read that long before getting to sleep.

No comments: