This Bisikleta ride had its frustrations. I slept okay, woke up around 6:00. Emptied the dishwasher and got ready for the ride. I left home around 6:40, took thestraight-shot route over to the 4S Target and got there early enough to grab a coffee from Starbucks. Others started showing up, Jed was last of course. On this ride at the start we had Ray, Jed, Paula, Nel, and James. We got on CdS and took it east to CdN. We followed it to Bernardo Center Dr and turned right. Oh, Ray had forgotten his water bottles, so he left early to pick them up from his house. Jed had leer us know that his tire was going flat (!), so they stopped at the bottom of the hill while I rode ahead to let Ray know. We stopped and waited for the others. And waited. Finally I called Paula to find out the situation, and she told me Jed was heading back after failing to fix his tire. Oy! They caught up, and we rode up to the turn onto Black Mountain Rd. We waited there and saw James bombing down the hill on CVR. Another Oy! I sent James a note to meet us later, and we continued to Oviedo St, turning right and taking it to Twin Trails Dr, turning left and riding to CMR, where we turned right. Another right on Entreken Way, taking it to its end and then using a bike/pedestrian path to get to Torrey Park Ter. This got us to Torrey Gardens Pl, where a left turn took us to Torrey Meadows Dr and thus to CdS. We headed to the bike path and stopped there to find out where James was. He was far enough back that I decided for us to keep riding. Down the bike path to its end, then we took CVR to the coast and headed north. I pushed the pace a little bit here, had some cyclists ahead that I tried to catch up to and pass. Waited for the others after the light, then we rode through Del Mar, Solana Beach, and Cardiff to get to Chesterfield Dr. Nel and Ray peeled off to use the restroom, and Paula and I took a pic. Then we all too San Elijo Ave north to Santa Fe Dr, turning right and climbing, initially on a steep gradient, almost all the way to El Camino Real. Ray got to the intersection next after me, and we waited for the others to show. Then the four of us headed south on ECR. For some reason my Wahoo kept rerouting on this segment, until we turned left on Manchester Ave and rode up, then down to RSF Rd. Then it was the climbs on La Bajada and La Granada into RSF. I dropped the others on the climbs, it was getting warm by this time, sun was fully out. Paula was significantly behind us, so we waited for her to catch up, then took La Granada to VdSF and El Apajo. I figured that we were on track to get back to Target by 11:00,so I stayed with them and took a modest pace up Three Witches. Ray wasn't too far behind me. We waited for Nel and Paula to make the turn onto CdS, then we took the straight shot back. I stayed for just a bit, James came rolling in just a coue of minutes after us. Rode home the short way through the neighborhood, to have plenty of time to get ready to go to Joe's birthday party at Jim Seaton's house in El Cajon.
Avg speed = 15.5 mph (15.6 mph). Total mileage = 47.1 mi
Avg power = 133 W. Weighted avg power = 167 W
Total elevation gain = 2760' (2790')
Avg heartrate = 127 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 96 (98)
Training Load = 207 (199)
Intensity = 76% (78%)
We left the house around 11:45. Thankfully, no traffic on the way, even though the Miramar Air Show was going on. Got there, and we were among the first guests to arrive. There weren't many church folks there, MaryAnne showed up later, and that was about it. Lindsey and Jaime were down for the party, other family of Jim's and the Swobodas. It was casual, food was meh for me, but we had some nice conversations. Jim has a pool, the water was chilly but refreshing. We left in the late afternoon and drove home. I was still hungry, so I had some snacks for dinner. After dinner I went out in the garage and organized the camping gear, checking it off the list. That took a while. I watched some TV later, then went to bed.
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.