Slept well, the best in a week. I did wake up early but got back to sleep. Got up around 6:15 and got ready for the Bisikleta ride. I rode through the neighborhood and then took the new extended route through the 4S Ranch neighborhood. Perse was there when I got there, and others started showing up. On this day we had the following riders: Perse, Ray, Jed, Fritz, Paula, Nel, and Cam. I'd planned the route, and we took CdS to RB Rd. We then followed it past the freeway and on Espola Rd up to Bridlewood Rd. We turned there, then Cam and I sprinted up the little climb. He rode strongly throughout the day. He and I rode on Summer Sage Rd to Lake Poway Rd, waited for the others there, then Fritz and I climbed up to the turn onto Riparian Rd. I waited to make sure everybody also made the turn, then we rode to Titan Way and used it to get back to Espola Rd. Up and then down the hill. Around this point I had a turn planned but got it mixed up, which caused Cam and Ray to be on the planned route while the rest of us rode further down the hill and turned right on Los Nietos Ave, taking it to Roberto Rio Rd, turning left and getting to Twin Peaks Rd. We rode to Tierra Bonita Rd and waited for Cam and Ray to catch up with us. We were all together again, riding down to Community Rd and turning there to ride to Metate Ln. It was Poway Days Parade day, and they were lining the floats up on Pomerado Rd. We were able to get through and take Pomerado Rd south. On the climb Ray, Fritz, and Cam rode out ahead, but I kept to my pace and high cadence, picking them off one by one. Cam had gotten ahead quite far, but I caught and passed him near the top. We waited for the others to get to the top before continuing the climb past the light at a shallower gradient. Then it was a gradual downhill to the right turn on Blue Cypress Dr. This is a really nice descent, with a sharp right turn at the bottom onto Cypress Canyon Rd. This took us to the top of Angelique St, and we had another fast descent, to Scripps-Poway Pkwy. Left turn there, some gradual climbing and the steady descent down toward the freeway. We stopped for a break at a Sinclair station, then continued down to the bike path running along the east side of I-15. Around here Jed and Fritz got behind us, for reasons I couldn't figure out. The rest of us took the bike path to Poway Rd, riding up to Sabre Springs Pkwy and turning left. We rode to Evening Creek Dr and turned left there. Then another left turn, on Sabre Hills Dr, and up the short steep climb. Cam and I both pushed hard to the top. Turns out that Jed lives in the subdivision at the top of this climb. Looped around and back down to Evening Creek Dr, then back toward Sabre Springs Pkwy. I turned into the parking lot by the Park n Ride and got us onto the sidewalk to make it to the beginning of the 56 bike path. We ended up taking the bike path all the way to CVR, paying attention to the numerous dicey intersections that we crossed. Started back on CVR, seemed that the pace decreased a little bit here. We rode back to CdS, and I waited after the turn for Paula to catch up while the others kept going. Paula and I rode back via PdS, stopping after the turn for a pic. Back to Target via Templeton St. It was heating up and already muggy, so I didn't stay too long. Rode home the new normal way, and Nel followed me, since he had ridden from home as well. We split at Camino San Bernardo, and I took it fairly easy on the rest of the way home.
Avg speed = 15.7 mph. Total mileage = 50.3 mi
Avg power = 140 W. Weighted avg power = 168 W
Total elevation gain = 3100'
Avg heartrate = 125 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 87
Training Load = 229
Intensity = 76%
Had some lunch and watched college football for a while after I got home. Rest of the afternoon was quiet. I rested and read for a while. In the late afternoon we drove to church for the 140th anniversary dinner. Was fun seeing some folks I hadn't seen in a while, including YAMs, whose table we sat at. Food from Olive Garden was meh as expected, some of the pictures in the slide show brought back good memories. We were home before 8:00, which was another plus, so I watched some TV before going to bed.
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.