Friday, July 3, 2026
07-03-2026 Hike
Needed some more rigorous training for my upcoming backpacking trip, so I got up early and loaded up my backpack (with some camping stuff and two gallons of water), then rode my scooter down by the dirt parking lot (gate was still closed). I parked on the street, then I started hiking down the path and across the pedestrian bridge. Turned left at the end of the bridge and hiked to the trail leading up to Bernardo Peak. Didn't use my trekking poles, but I made surprisingly good time on the hike up this trail. I didn't go all the way to the top, turned around after a little more than an hour and started heading back down. The day was overcast for most of the hike, sun came out in the last quarter or so. On the way back, I made a wrong turn onto another trail and followed it for a couple hundred yards before realizing my mistake and backtracking to the original trail. Other than that, no problems. I captured this entry quite a while after the hike, so I don't have any further details on what I did that day. No other travel, so it seems like I spent it basically just hanging around the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.