Monday, July 20, 2026

07-20-2026 Ride

Slept well, even though the air isn't as cool in the night as it has been. Got up around 5:30 and prepared for a ride. I wasn't in a real rush, but I was slowed because I had to get my derailleur batteries and a power bank, since my Wahoo was out of charge. Headed up Azucar Way and then took Duenda Rd to W Bernardo Dr to get to RB Rd. Head up and through the 45 Ranch neighborhood via Ralphs Ranch Rd, extended at the end. Back to CdS, taking it down to San Dieguito Rd and turning there. Down the hill, and this is where I started thinking about how to get back home. I rode across the flats and ended up turning left onto Old El Camino Real, to see how steep the climb was there. It get steep near the top but isn't too long. Over to Derby Downs Rd (I passed it initially and came to a dead end before retracing my route back to it), turning there to get to ECR. I rode down the last part of this descent and stayed on the road until coming to VdlV, where I turned right. I rode up the first little climb and stopped to eat a banana. This was a low-energy day for me, and from here it seemed like I was slow at every opportunity. I rode up to Calzada del Bosque, turned right there, and took Via de Santa Fe all the way into RSF village, where the road name changed to La Granada. Up to Paseo Delicias, turning there and starting my return home. I took the Del Dios Hwy climb for the first time in quite a while, and I was definitely slow, just spinning to get up the hill. To Via Rancho Pkwy, turning there and heading home the normal way across the freeway from there. This ride felt like a bigger effort than it actually was, but my legs were fine at the end, I was just tired. One saving grace from the ride is that my heartrate was low, where it should have been.

Avg speed = 15.5 mph (15.6 mph). Total mileage = 36.1 mi
Avg power = 121 W. Weighted avg power = 156 W
Total elevation gain = 2180' (2200')
Avg heartrate = 111 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 33 (34)
Training Load = 119 (118)
Intensity = 71% (70%)

Got home, I was hungry, so I had some cereal for breakfast. Ann was at the church for her first day volunteering in the office. I watched a little TV in the morning, did some reading, cleaned the kitchen dishes. I talked to Ben in the morning as well, he needed to unload after talking to Mom about her current living situation. I had a little nap later, then ate a light lunch. I started switching to Mint Mobile until the T-Mobile agent told me that the bill wouldn't be prorated, so we will wait until just before our current month of coverage ends. Watched some more TV in the afternoon. It was a quiet evening, nothing special to report.

No comments: