Woke up just before 6:00 and got ready for an early bike ride. I was hoping to be done before it got too hot, mission mainly accomplished. Down by the park and across the pedestrian bridge, with only the loosest of ideas about where to go. Headed up BVP to the 78,whee I turned right and then left onto Citrus Ave. Slower pace again on this day, just getting miles in. I turned right on Glenridge Rd. Up to Moody Dr, where I turned to get to Reed Rd, taking a right there. Should have stayed on it, since that can get me to Hidden Valley Rd, but I turned instead on Falconer Dr, which got me to Oak Hill Dr. Right turn there, trying to find a new way out of the neighborhood. I got to Jonah Rd, which took me to Jed Rd, where I went to the end before turning around and enjoying a nice descent to Hayden Dr. Right turn there took me to BVP, which I used to get over to Valley Pkwy and then up to El Norte Pkwy. I rode all the way down to Centre City Pkwy and turned right, intending to ride up to Nutmeg St. I did, but it was blocked off for construction of new housing, so I had to ride back down to Country Club Ln, which I used to get back over to El Norte Pkwy. Headed west there and turned onto Woodland Pkwy, intending to take this steep climb up to the houses on the hill, but I got a little ways up and came across a security gate, so no dice. Had to turn around and ride back down to El Norte Pkwy, headed west again until it turned into Borden Rd, and I then took this road up the steep part just past Las Posas Rd that I had seen so many times. After it flattened out, I saw a bike path to the left that I used to ride down to the Inland Rail Trail. It was time to start heading home, so I used it to get to Mission Rd, taking this road back to Las Posas Rd and riding to San Marcos Blvd. Left turn there and then a right on Via Vera Cruz to get to Discovery St, where I turned left and rode to Barham Dr. I was slowing down here as it got warmer. Rode back to Mission Ave and took it into Escondido, turning right on Quince St and riding to 13th Ave to get back to Centre City Pkwy. Rode toward home the normal way from there via the freeway. Picked up some speed on this last stretch, as it was more generally downhill. Slow climbing the hill before the park, and I wanted to get 40 miles in, so I stayed on W Bernardo Dr up to Duenda Rd and then rode home the usual way from there. Legs have been feeling fine, I just haven't had the energy to push hard when I normally would, and I am more tired after these rides.
Avg speed = 15.1 mph. Total mileage = 40.5 mi
Avg power = 122 W. Weighted avg power = 149 W
Total elevation gain = 2050'
Avg heartrate = 114 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 43
Training Load = 134
Intensity = 68%
Got home, and I was hungry. I had eaten a banana during the ride, around Las Posas Rd, but it didn't do much. Ate some cereal and then had a rest as I cooled down. I had a quiet rest of the morning and afternoon. I did some research on potential spots for the family celebration in November with Laura and Joe. Went to Phil's BBQ for the Avi happy hour, it was mildly pleasant. Evening was also quiet, Ann and I watched some TV after dinner.
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.