Friday, July 17, 2026

07-17-2026 Swim

Slept pretty well after about midnight and woke up after 6:00. I got up and starting unpacking stuff from the backpacking trip. Then I got ready for an easy swim at the WWC, meeting Avi there. The pool was crowded, all lanes filled, and I got lane 4. Even though I was taking it slow, I could feel out of practice with my stroke, which was shorter and certainly not as powerful. So, more time in the pool needed to get into better form. Here are the splits for the two 500s I swam: 9:45, 9:48.

Avg pace = 1:57/100 yds (Video)
Total distance = 1000 yds
Elapsed moving time = 19:33 (Video)
Avg heartrate = 163 bpm (nope)
Relative Effort = 45 (nope)
SWOLF = 39
Avg stroke rate = 22 bpm
Avg pull distance = 2.24 yds

Got home and had cereal for breakfast before continuing to unpack. Later in the morning Ann and I drove to Thai Thai restaurant in Escondido and had lunch. This place is actually very good, low prices, excellent service, and delicious food. Got home, Ann went to mah jongg, and I read for a bit, watched some TV, then cleared out my backpack. Washed out my water bladder and cleaned the water filter system. I read up on tent repairs, and it doesn't seem like it will be that difficult to repair the small hole in my tent fly. I talked to Mom in the late afternoon and told her about the plan to come into town around her birthday for a family celebration with Laura and Joe. Later on I talked to Ross about the November visit, and he was supportive. He was in a good mood, and the conversation went well. After dinner Ann and I went to 7-Eleven and got our last free Slurpee before switching from T-Mobile to Mint Mobile. Then I watched some TV before reading for a bit. That was the day.

No comments: