Friday, July 24, 2026

07-24-2026 Run/Swim

Slept well, woke up around 5:30 and got up to get ready for a run down by the park. I ran four miles at a generally casual pace, doing negative splits with my last mile being the fastest. It was cool temperature-wise but unusually humid, so I was sweating at the end.

Avg pace = 8:43/mi
Total distance = 4.10 mi
Elapsed moving time = 35:48
Avg heartrate = 123 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 9

Got home, had time before getting ready for my swim at the WWC. I was already wearing my trisuit from the run (not a good idea in general, it doesn't breathe well), so I had time to empty/clean the cat litter bin and do the kitchen dishes. Rode over in nice weather to the WWC and got there before other swimmers. By the time the gates were opened, there were five lanes accounted for. We were fortunate enough to get lanes 3 and 4. My legs were a little tired from the run, and on this day I did not have a powerful stroke, even when I tried to slow it down and lengthen it. I ended up swimming four 250s and a final 150 (to account for not starting my watch soon enough on a 250), and here are the splits for those: 4:39, 4:26, 4:31, 4:39, 2:46. The second 250 was perhaps a little faster because I was breathing every three strokes instead of every four. I will have to do a more controlled comparison in the future.

Avg pace = 1:50/100 yds (Video, not including pauses)
Total distance = 1150 yds (only 1000 yds included in Zepp / Strava workout)
Elapsed moving time = 21:01 (Video)
Avg heartrate = 149 bpm (possibly, seems high)
Relative Effort = 57 (possibly, seems high)
SWOLF = 37
Avg stroke rate = 21 bpm
Avg pull distance = 2.36 yds

Got home and had cereal for breakfast.Not much done during the late morning and early afternoon. I finished reading John Fugelsang's Separation of Church and Hate, was a decent read, albeit somewhat repetition toward the end. Had a nap after the morning's exertion. We drove down to Fashion Valley and parked to take the trolley downtown for Comic Con people-watching. Was mildly amusing, although they had blocked off the sidewalk in front of the convention center, which was a bummer. The free events generally had long lines or were too commercial, next time we should get there earlier before the crowds build. Found a bar and had drinks and chips, then we decided we'd seen what there was to see and took the trolley to Little Italy for dinner. Had sandwiches at Mona Lisa, and my eggplant parmigian was mighty, a definite belly-filler. Walked back to the trolley stop after that and took it back to where we had parked, then I drove home.

No comments: