Avg pace = 8:47/mi
Total distance = 3.19 mi
Elapsed moving time = 28:03
Avg heartrate = 120 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 6
Got home with plenty of time before I was supposed to meet Nel and Andy for a coffee ride. I ordered a new bottom bracket and some fresh chain wax, then got ready for the ride. Found my Wahoo out of power again, apparently the setting to turn it off after a period of time had been set to No. So I went upstairs and got a small power bank to charge it while I was riding. Over to Andy's house via W Bernardo Dr and RB Rd. Nel had ridden from home and was there as well. I was just a little late, so I kept rolling until I found some shade on Rios Rd to wait for them to catch up. We got on Pomerado Rd and took it all the way to the top. On that climb I slowed way down and rode with Andy, who was nursing a sore left foot. We stayed on Spring Canyon Rd until turning left on Semillon Blvd. That took us down to Scripps Trail, where we turned right and rode down to the little shopping center where The French Oven Bakery was. We stopped there for coffee and pastries (Nel paid). Coffee was acceptable and the chocolate croissant was very good. Conversation about pickpockets and bikepacking. After the break we got back on the bikes and rode up Scripps Trail to Semlon Blvd, turning right this time and taking it over to Pomerado Rd. Up to the top, I was a little ahead of the others so I did a loop through the little neighborhood there before continuing down the hill on Pomerado Rd. We got to Poway Rd, and Andy was feeling good enough to add miles, so we turned right there and rode up to Community Rd. Took it to Hilleary Pl and got over to Midland Rd. Then it was to Twin Peaks Rd and up to Espola Rd. Fairly slow on the climb up to the high school, where we turned left on Titan Way and took the Riparian Rd / Lake Poway Rd / Summer Sage Rd / Bridlewood Rd route back to Espola Rd. There was a headwind from the northwest that we had to contend with going down the descent. Turned on Alondra Dr and the right on Rios Rd to get back to Pomerado Rd, where Nel split off and headed home. Andy and I rode to his place, where we chatted very briefly before I rode home via the W Bernardo Dr route. This was a very pleasant little ride, I hope Nel is able to join us more regularly.
Avg speed = 13.2 mph. Total mileage = 28.1 mi
Avg power = 106 W. Weighted avg power = 130 W
Total elevation gain = 1620
Avg heartrate = 117 bpm (Coospo)
Relative Effort = 35
Training Load = 83
Intensity = 59%
Got home, had a little lunch later and watched some TV in the afternoon. We left the house around 3:15 to drive downtown, park, and get dinner before heading over to Petco Park for the Ed Sheeran concert. Opening acts were: Aaron Rowe, Sigrid, and Myles Smith. Latter was pretty good as the main opener. Ed Sheeran came on and was solo for much of the concert, relying on loop pedals in an amazing fashion to fill out the sound. In the middle part of the concert he had an Irish band, Beoga, come out and back him for a couple of more traditional Irish-sounding tunes. Later they came back and provided backing music for several more songs as well. He brought on Alex Warren to sing Ordinary, backed by this band. The staging was pretty good, there was an interesting use of the video screens to give it an MTV video flavor at times. There were fireball machines and occasional fireworks as well. Sound quality was okay, especially with the lead act. We initially sat in the wrong seats, further back and under the overhang from our actual seats, until Ann questioned whether we were in the right section. I went back, talked to a seat guide, and he pointed me in the right direction. There were some folks during the concert, several rows lower, who felt like they needed to stand up the entire time, and that was mildly annoying. But the two girls in front of us were mostly okay, only standing up and blocking our view on a couple of songs. Stan Evans and his wife were in our row, I recognized him right away but didn't know him well enough to say hi and start an awkward conversation about HP days. After the concert (he played for over 2.5 hours!) we were able to get out of the stadium fairly quickly. BTW, here is the setlist from the concert:
A Stage
- You Need Me, I Don't Need You
- Shivers
- Castle on the Hill
- The A Team
- Sapphire
- Don't / No Diggity
B Stage - Eyes Closed
- I'm a Mess
- Sunburn (Fan Request; first performance since 2021)
- Supermarket Flowers (Fan Request)
- Give Me Love
A Stage - Galway Girl (with Beoga)
- Nancy Mulligan (with Beoga)
- I Don't Care (with Beoga)
- Old Phone (with Beoga)
- Camera (with Beoga)
- Celestial (with Beoga) (Congratulated Spain on winning the World Cup)
- Photograph
B Stage - Medley: Eastside / 2002 / Cold Water / Little Things / Love Yourself
- Thinking Out Loud
- Perfect
- I See Fire
A Stage - Ordinary (Alex Warren cover) (with Alex Warren) (with backing from Beoga)
- Bloodstream
- Afterglow
Encore on A Stage - Shape of You (Wore a Padres jersey for remainder of the show)
- Azizam
- Bad Habits
Our car was in a parking lot at 6th and K, and we got to it quickly as well. But the garage was jammed, and cars weren't moving for about 20 minutes or so. I initially tried to get out, saw it was futile, and pulled back into the spot until the line started to move a little bit. A really nice person let us out of the spot not too long after I started the car back up, then it was another 10 minutes or so before we were out of the garage. Slow traffic through city streets and onto the freeway. Curiously, on the way home I think I saw four police cars with their flashers on, for different reasons. Got home a little after midnight, to sleep soon after.
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.